Some info on why we’re raising funds:
– After 5 years of intensive activity which saw Tesco pull out of the deal, we need to replenish FOAM’s (Friends of Arlington Margate) legal funds and start organising our next steps for the future of Arlington.
-Tesco have given up on the site, for the time being. But it’s not over yet! – there’s still an immediate threat–
– Another 85,000 sq.ft. superstore could still be built at Arlington
– Corporate giants Freshwater still have planning permission to demolish the Arlington car parks and Arlington Square shop units.
– Thanet District Council owns the site, and is talking about a new lease for landlords Freshwater.
– Where will the thousands of anticipated Dreamland visitors park?
– We need to ensure that the 500+ public parking spaces and 30 shop units at Arlington are opened to the public now.
– We need Arlington corner and Square to be cleaned up and opened up for small businesses – not demolished simply for corporate greed and profit.
– We need to ensure the best deal for residents and visitors
– We need to ensure the best future for our seafront and for our town.
Thank you for all of your support.